I love avocados, one of my favourite quick recipes I make with them is guacamole. This is really quick and easy, a straight forward avocado guacamole recipe that takes less than 15 minutes to prepare. The hardest part is pealing the avocados.
Be sure to use ripe avocados to use, I normally go for ones that are a bit softer but not too soft either. If they are a rock hard, they probably aren’t ripe and will be bitter if you use them.
Guacamole goes great with Mexican food such as Chicken Fajitas or used as a dip with Nachos. You can also spread them onto rice cakes for a healthy snack. Add in some chillies to the recipe below for an extra kick!
You can store it in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 2 days.
- 4 x Medium Sized Avocados – This will be enough to serve 4 – 5 people.
- 1 x Tomato
- 1 x Lemon – You can use more than one lemon if you like a zingy flavour.
- Chillies – This is optional, be careful not to make it too spicy!
- Chop Avocados into chunks and remove the skin (sometimes, its easier to cut them in half, discard the rock and spoon it out
- Chop tomato into chunks
- Squeeze the lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until you get the correct consistency. There should be no lumpy bits and should form a thick smooth paste.
- If the mixture is too dry, you can add in another tomato or more lemon juice
- Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes before serving