Gnocchi is such a simple yet delicious dish. Something we make when we’re stuck for time and want something tasty and filling. This bacon mushroom gnocchi recipe uses basic ingredients and takes only 10 minutes to prepare. Perfect for nights where we finish work late or for when we don’t have much time to prepare lunch or dinner. In the recipe below, I’ve used truffle oil to add a bit of a kick. This dish will go well without the truffle oil also but I’d recommend adding it if you have it.
We buy the gnocchi from our local Aldi store, cheap and cheerful and takes only 5 minutes to cook in boiling water. I’ve yet to try make gnocchi from scratch but it’s something that I’m going to have to try sometime.
Heres the recipe for my bacon mushroom gnocchi recipe.
- 500 grams of potato gnocchi
- Pack of mushrooms
- Pancetta or bacon bits
- Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cloves of garlic – diced
- Truffle oil
- Boil a pot of hot water
- Add truffle oil to the pan
- In the pan, add the diced garlic, mushroom and bacon
- Cook for five minutes until the bacon is cooked through
- Add salt and olive to the boiling water
- Add the the gnocchi to the water and cook as per instructions on the packet
- Remove the gnocchi from the water and place into a strainer until all the water is remove
- Add gnocchi to the garlic, muchroom and bacon and cook for a further 3 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add a bit more truffle oil and parmesan to the mix