This is a very easy recipe and goes down very well at dinner parties or for the odd special occasions.
One of my favourites deserts is this non bake baileys cheesecake recipe that my girlfriend makes occasionally.
Credit goes to the her for making it. I was the assistant who fetched the ingredients, took photos and did the washing up.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can always experiment, in the recipe below, we’ve added in some added Toblerone to make an awesome Toblerone and baileys cheesecake. You could also try it without the baileys and with orange chocolate, lemon, Ferreo Rocher, dark chocolate or oreo biscuits instead. You get the idea, you can do whatever you like, just mix in your ingredients with the cream and cream cheese/Philadelphia and adjust the ingredients to your own taste.
The recipe below will make a big enough cheesecake that would serve at least 6 people.
- 500ml Cream
- 300 grams of cream cheese/Philadelphia
- 450 grams of chocolate digestive biscuits
- 50 grams butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Caster Sugar (Adjust the amount of sugar to your own taste)
- 1 Shot of baileys (Again, you can adjust the amount to your own taste, I personally like more!)
- 3 Chunks of Toblerone (You can substitute this with whatever chocolate you would like)
- In a food processor, throw in the biscuits and blend until it all turns into crumbs
- Melt the butter in a pan and mix well into the biscuit crumbs
- Put the biscuit mixture into a spring form cake tin and compress the breadcrumbs tightly
- This is very important as if you don’t compress it enough, the base could fall apart
- Put the base into the fridge and leave for at least 1 hour
- In a mortal and pestle, crush up your chocolate mixture
- In a food mixer, add the cream, cream cheese, caster sugar, baileys and Toblerone. Taste and adjust the contents to your liking
- Mix until the cream starts to thicken, don’t over do it
- The consistency should not be runny but a bit sticky
- Add the mixture to the biscuit base and smooth out the top
- Grate chocolate onto the top of the mixture
- Leave in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours