It’s nearly Christmas so I thought it would be a good time to share with you my brussel sprouts and bacon recipe.
I’ll be honest, I’m not really a fan of brussel sprouts as I’m sure many of you aren’t but I had Christmas dinner in my uncles one year and he made these wonderful brussel sprouts and bacon. They’re not the traditional boiled brussel sprouts that we all associate with Christmas dinner which are typically bland and tasteless. They’re actually really tasty and really easy to make (let’s be honest, if you add bacon to anything, it always tastes delicious!). It takes less than 15 minutes.
It doesn’t only go with the Christmas dinner, this can be a really nice side dish you can prepare for friends and family with other roast dinners or it can be a good way to use up the rest of those brussel sprouts.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- Brussel sprouts
- Peel the outer skin of the brussel sprouts
- Cut large sprouts in half
- Bacon or pancetta
- Goose fat
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil
- Bring a pot of water to the boil
- Add some salt and olive oil
- Add the brussel sprouts and boil for 5 minutes
- Drain the water from the brussel sprouts
- In a saute pan cook the bacon or pancetta for 3 minutes on a medium heat
- Remove the bacon and set aside
- Add a tablespoon of goose fat to the pan
- Add the brussel sprouts to the pan and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Cover them in the goose fat
- Add the bacon and stir for a few minutes