Baked potato wedges are a versatile and easy dish to accompany a wide range of dishes including fish, burgers or a roast beef or chicken dinner. The list goes on. They are also delicious for a lunch time snack on their own too.
Being Irish, potatoes play a big part in my meals. Be it mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, chips or potato wedges. I’m a big fan of baked potato wedges as they are so crunchy and tasty.
My simple baked potato wedges recipe is really easy to follow and takes less than 45 minutes before they are ready to serve.
They are healthier option than deep fried potato chips but are still delicious.
I have experimented with a lot of different herbs and spices with my potato wedges so I’d encourage you to try the same. They are so easy to make and when you try to add different herbs and spices, you always get a wonderful taste off them.
Some of the herbs and spices I’ve used include garlic, cumin, paprika, smoked paprika, cajun, peri peri salt, pepper, sage and parsley. I’m sure you get the picture, potato wedges are so versatile and easy to make that I’m sure you’ll enjoy them with the dish you are cooking.
If you fancy some spicy potato wedges, you can always throw in some roughly chopped chilies, dried chillies, chilli powder or cayenne pepper. Adding a bit of hotness gives your wedges another kick and can go really well on their own as a light lunch option.
A rule of thumb I would use for a portion of potato wedges is to use one large potato per person or else two medium per person depending on what size of potato you buy.
I’ve tried this baked potato recipe with a wide variety of potatoes including Kerr Pink’s, salad potatoes, roosters, queens and marie pipers. All have turned out delicious!
Baked Potato Wedges Ingredients
- Potatoes – As I stated above, any type of potato will do. I’d recommend experimenting with a few different varieties and seeing if you can see a different or preference
- Olive Oil or Rapeseed Oil
- Herbs and/or Spices – In the below pictures, I’ve made a simple smoked paprika, salt and pepper wedge.
Baked Potato Wedges Method
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees
- Chop your potatoes into small wedges, see the pictures below for the size I normally chop them to. Do not chop them too thick as they can be hard to cook through otherwise. Try to get all your wedges in or around the same size so they cook consistently
- In a baking tray, add your wedges and then generously cover with oil on all sides. The oil will really help to make them nice, brown and crunchy
- Next, you can add your herbs and spices. Give all your potato wedges a nice sprinkling and make sure they are covered generously.
- Put in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes. I always take them out every 10 minutes or so to give them a shake. You can add a bit more herbs or spices if they need it
- Eat on their own or serve with your favourite dishes as a side dish or a trimming
Potato Wedges Ingredients
Put the wedges in a baking tray
Add herbs, spices, olive oil, salt and pepper over the wedges
Bake in the oven at 220 degrees
Baked Potato Wedges Serving Suggestion