Some people might think I’m crazy or strange for putting duck on a pizza but you have to try it. It is awesome!
There is plenty of toppings you can put on a delicious pizza, I’ve tried some crazy ones over the years including chicken tikka and chicken curry but one recipe I really enjoyed was this duck topping pizza.
I tasted it in the south of France a few years ago when I was on vacation and loved it so I decided to try this myself on numerous occasions. It’s certainly a change from the traditional toppings I normally have.
I love making pizza dough from scratch but I’ll save that for another day. You can use a ready made base or if you’re adventurous, I’d encourage you to make it yourself from scratch!
Try to use two big pieces of duck breast for this recipe. You can alter the other toppings to suit your tastes also
Here is my duck pizza recipe
- 2 x Duck breasts
- Handful of spinach
- Handful of walnuts
- Mozzarella cheese
- Tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Cook the duck in a pan on medium heat, skin down for 10 minutes
- The fat will drip off the skin, flip the breast over and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Put the duck into the oven and cook for 5 minutes (more if you don’t like your duck pink)
- Take out and set aside
- When cool, slice into strips
- Put the rest of the toppings on your pizza
- Tomato sauce
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese turns a golden colour