An easy dish I normally make when I’m short on time or just want something filling. This easy chicken and broccoli bake dish can be prepared the day before, you can store it in the fridge and the next day, you just have to turn on your oven and throw it in.
This is a nice and hearty dish, perfect for a cold winters day or for a nice lunch. You can make a big batch of this which is great for serving when friends or family are around for a meal. As it is so simple to make, it will give you more time to entertain your guests, just make sure to keep an on the oven.
I normally serve my easy chicken and broccoli bake with a side salad or roasted potatoes. This dish can be reheated the next day as well, making it a perfect candidate for your lunch or snack. A friend recently mentioned that he wasn’t keen on this dish, because it lacked bacon. So next time, I’ll do it with bacon and if it’s nice, I’ll throw that up here as well.
- 4 x Chicken breasts diced
- Garlic diced
- 1 head of Broccoli
- Grated Cheese (I use either cheddar or mozzarella)
- 2 tablespoons of Curry Powder
- Tin of Chicken Soup (Condensed works best)
- Bread Crumbs
- Mayonnaise – a big dollop of it
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Marinade the chicken with garlic, salt and pepper
- Shallow fry the chicken breasts in a pan
- In a separate pot, par boil the broccoli with some salt and olive oil
- Combine the soup, mayonnaise, a bit more garlic and curry powder in a bowl
- Put the chicken, broccoli and the soup mix into an oven dish
- Mix the breadcrumbs with some butter
- Spread breadcrumbs on top of the oven dish contents
- Bake for 20/25 minutes until golden brown