This is a simple lamb chops with spinach recipe that is quick and easy to make, ideal for a nice lunch when served with a side salad. Good food doesn’t have to take long to make and this dish can be prepared within 15 minutes and makes for a wonderful lunchtime meal.
A nice glass of white wine also goes well with this to wash it down.
You can substitute the lamb chops with pork chops if you wish.
- White Bread – I used slice pan (Ciabatta goes well too!)
Red wine vinegar
Garlic for lamb marinade and for dressing
- Marinade the lamb chops with salt, pepper and mint sauce (don’t be shy with the mint sauce)
- Cut up garlic
- Cut bread into small squares
- Wash spinach
- For the dressing, combine mustard, olive oil and red wine vinegar in a mortar and pestle, mix until it comes together
- Remove the fat from the lamb before cooking
- Grill lamb until brown, remember to turn from time to time and don’t let it burn!
- Meanwhile, fry the spinach until limp in a little oil
- Fry the bread with a bit of olive oil until brown on both sides. For a health alternative, you can grill or toast the bread
- Drain the lamb of any fat
- Layer the bread, then the spinach and finally the lamb on a plate.
- Drizzle the dressing over and serve with a side salad or have it on it’s own