This is my baked parmesan cream cheese chicken recipe that is made with simple ingredients and tastes delicious. I coat the chicken with bread crumbs to give it a bit of extra crunch and I’ll always lash in extra parmesan cheese. Definitely not my healthiest recipe but it’s good to treat yourself from time to time.
I’ve made this dish for dinner parties or just for a night in front of the tele. The hardest part to this dish is turning on the oven and it always tastes delicious – you can’t go wrong with it.
Use good quality free range chicken breasts from your local butchers. I always find that these turn out much more tender and juicy.
- 500 grams of chicken breasts (typical measurement is one large piece of chicken per person)
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 180 grams of cream cheese
- Breadcrumbs – Heres a tip – make your own. In a food processor, blend pieces of bread and a pinch of salt. In the recipe below, I was being adventurous and added spinach. Just throw in the spinach into the blender to add a nice colour and some extra taste.
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and grated or diced
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Turn on the oven and preheat to 180 degrees celsius
- Using a mallet, tenderise the chicken breasts on each side
- Blend the bread, some parmesan and a pinch of salt in a food processor (I added spinach in the pictures below)
- Season the chicken on both sides with a little salt and pepper
- Spread the garlic, and cream cheese onto the chicken with a knife or spatula
- Layer the breadcrumbs mixture on top of the cream cheese and press down onto the chicken
- Repeat this process on the other side of the chicken
- Transfer chicken on to a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure the chicken is cooked through