This peanut butter banana ice cream recipe is vegan friendly and delicious. All my friends who have tried it could not believe that there was no cream used and that it contained only three basic ingredients. Peanut butter, banana and some vanilla extract.
I had friends over for dinner this week and decided to try something a bit different to my regular deserts like chocolate brownie or baileys cheesecake. Not only that, but this recipe is so simple to make, meaning that if you’re cooking a dinner party, you can spend more time focusing on the other courses and less about your desert. I really like this recipe as well as bananas and peanut butter are things I always have at home, so I don’t need to run out to the shop to pick up ingredients if I want to make this. It’s a great conversation topic as well as people are always amazed at how simple and delicious it is if they haven’t tried it before.
The peanut butter banana ice cream recipe below makes enough ice cream for 6 – 8 servings. I cut up some strawberries and mango to serve with it as well which went down a treat.
Don’t worry if you don’t have vanilla extract, it still tastes great without it.
- 5 medium bananas
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tea spoons of vanilla extract (optional)
- Peel all the bananas and slice into chunks
- Place them in a container and leave them in the freezer for 4 hours
- Remove the container from the freezer after 4 hours. Place the bananas, peanut butter and vanilla extract into a blender
- Blend the ingredients in a food processor until they are combined. Stop it occasionally and scrape in the sides to make sure everything is well mixed together.
- Transfer the contents into a container and place back into the freezer or serve immediately
- If you transfer it to the freezer, take it out 10 – 15 minutes before serving it to allow it to thaw a little
- Server with fresh fruit