I hope you enjoy my yeastless pizza dough recipe below. I’m a big fan of pizzas and make them all the time at home when I have the time. The no yeast pizza dough is super easy and can be made when you’re in a rush or simply don’t have enough time to let the dough rise.
I really enjoy making pizzas from scratch, I normally leave it until the weekend when I have a bit of time and can plan it out. This is because the dough recipe I use (courtesy of Jamie Oliver here) requires me to leave the dough rise for an hour. This week, I was in a rush but was craving a pizza so decided to experiment with a dough that didn’t require yeast which meant I could make the dough quickly, stretch it out and put it straight into the oven.
This yeast free pizza dough recipe is really simple. Add all the ingredients into a bowl for your food mixer with a dough hook attachment and let that do the work for you. Don’t be afraid if it isn’t coming together, the key is giving the mixer time to blend it altogether. From experience, this can take up to 7 or 8 minutes before it starts to take the form of a dough, so resist the urge to add more water or flour for the time being. This dough will come out crispy and perfect every time!
For best results, use a pizza stone and if you can, why not try cooking the pizza on the barbecue!
So here it is, my yeastless pizza dough recipe. The below measurements will make one 10 inch thin pizza
- 200 grams of strong white flour
- 110 grams of lukewarm water
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees
- If you have a pizza stone, put it into the oven now
- Add all your pizza dough ingredients to a food mixer
- Blend with the dough hook until the dough mixture starts to come together
- This can take up to 10/15 minutes depending on your mixer
- Take out the mixture and kneed by hand for a minute or two
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough and place onto greaseproof paper or onto a pizza paddle
- Add your toppings
- Be careful not to overload your pizza as doing so can cause the base to get soggy and not cook thoroughly
- Bake in the oven/barbecue for 6 – 8 minutes or until the crust and toppings starts to brown
- Enjoy your yeastless pizza dough pizza!